Bingo Schedule and Policy
As a parent or athlete 18 and over, you can pay for your fees by working Bingos. It’s voluntary, open to all members, and you get to choose how many you want to work. For each shift worked, monies will be deposited into your athlete account – which you can use to pay for membership fees, travel, etc.
Working Bingos will be counted towards fulfilling your Volunteer Commitment to the Club.
Here’s the schedule. Please also read the Bingo Policy and Procedures which follow.Bingo-Schedule-2020-06
Our Bingo Coordinator, Ken Mitchell, will send out emails requesting volunteers and confirming shifts before the bingo. The contact email for bingos is email@example.com
For those of you interested in working bingos, here is the procedure on how sign-up will work and responsibilities you need to know about:
Calgary Spartans Bingo Policy
The Spartans are responsible to staff approximately 30 bingos per year. The purpose of this policy is to provide a procedure to fairly allocate bingo shifts to parents and/or athletes who wish to work Bingos to raise funds for their fees and travel.
Each Bingo shift worked will result in funds being credited to an athlete’s account. As follows:
- Morning Shift – $75 per shift
- Afternoon Shift – $85 per shift
- Evening Shift – $75 per shift
- Late Night Shift – $85 per shift
- Bingo Supervisors will have $100 credited to the athlete’s account.
Staffing is set by the Bingo Barn and is as follows:
- Mornings – 8 volunteers
- Afternoons – 12 volunteers
- Evenings – 14 volunteers
- Late night – 10 volunteers
Timing and Procedure:
3 weeks (approximately 21 days) prior to Bingo date
- An email will be sent out to all parents and athletes allowing sign up for the bingo
- A maximum of two workers per designated athlete may sign up for each shift.
- For a double bingo, four workers may sign up.
At 2.5 Weeks (approximately 17 days) prior to Bingo date
- A second email is sent out with a reminder and advising how many spots are left for sign-up
10 Days prior to Bingo Date
- A third email is sent out requesting signup. At this time families can add additional family members past the maximum listed above.
5 Days prior to Bingo Date
- If there are still open shifts five days prior, the Volunteer Coordinator will fill shifts with outside workers.
All bingo workers will be responsible for the costs of their own food.
If a parent/athlete has booked themselves to work a Bingo and must cancel, they are responsible to replace themselves. The Spartans will provide and maintain a list of people who are willing to work Bingos upon request. It is the worker’s responsibility to ensure they attend the Bingo. If an emergency occurs, the Bingo Coordinator will assist, if possible.
If a worker cancels without providing a replacement within one week from the bingo date, the worker will be fined $100. “No-shows” will be fined and removed from the bingo worker pool for the year unless it can be determined that an emergency occurred.
Communication to Parents and Athletes:
Emails sent out must have the date of the Bingo prominently in the heading as it is expected there may be emails circulating for more than one bingo date.
Confirmation for Athlete Account
All workers will sign in on a Spartans sheet advising they have attended and worked the Bingo, and to which athlete’s account the payment is to be credited to.
Athlete Account and Retention Policy:
Bingo funds earned for shifts worked are deposited to the individual designated athlete’s account. As bingo fund payouts are gaming funds, all proceeds must be used for athlete and coach expenses including entry fees, travel and accommodation, etc. Therefore, when an athlete leaves the club, all monies raised by an athlete through working bingos and not used by the athlete will be retained by the club to be used for same.
Working Bingos will be counted towards fulfilling the athlete’s Volunteer Commitment to the Club.