Program: Sprints Age 14+ (60 m – 400 m)
Natasha Quan-Vie was born in Toronto, Ontario but moved to Calgary, where she was introduced to Track & Field by her junior high school PE teacher in 1992. Natasha competed in several events in school track meets, and this is where she fell in love with this sport. After achieving immediate success at the provincial level in school meets, she joined a local track club to pursue opportunities further. Within one year, Natasha was competing at the National level and quickly established herself as one of the top junior-age sprinters in Canada. Natasha has been coaching since 2014 after returning home from living in Sydney, Australia. She aims to provide high-quality practices, opportunities and help youth achieve goals in a non-competitive/competitive, socially aware environment. Natasha believes that Track and Field can enrich the life of an athlete and their families and help build community through cultural awareness. Athletes are encouraged to become technically proficient, confident and learn new skills such as cooperation, leadership, goal setting, and work ethic.
Natasha holds NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) Certified Coach and is an Athletic Alberta Certified Coach. Off the track, Natasha is a proud mother of three girls and works at Elite Site Services as their Operational Development Manager.
- Provincial Record Holder in the 60m
- Gold medals in 100m and 200m at National Championships (under 17 years old)
- Winner of Mertle Cook Award from Athletic Canada for most outstanding athlete
- Bronze medal in 100m at Mt.Sac Invitational (top High School athletes in North America)
- 5th in 200m at Senior National Championship (all ages)
- Received High-Performance Carding from Sports Canada
- Ranked in the top 2 as Junior in Canada in both the 100m and 200m
- Finalist at various international track meets in Canada and the United States
- Gold medals in 100m and 200m at Junior National Championships (under 19 yrs)
- Ranked at the #1 Junior in Canada in both 100m and 200m
- Bronze medal in 200m at the Harry Jerome International Track Classic
- Bronze medalist in 100m international Prep Invitational (top high school athletes in Pan America countries)
- One of only 12 members from the National Team to be selected to compete at the World Junior Championship held in Sydney, Australia
- Sprint Coach for Alberta Summer Games 2018
“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair.”
Any changes to posted schedules will be communicated by Coach Natasha to all group members.
Please contact our Registrar from the Contact webpage. Our Registrar will be pleased to welcome you to the Calgary Spartans, help you find the right coach and program, advise you on that to bring to the track and answer any questions you may have.