Program: Athlete Development, Jumps (High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump)
NCCP Certifications: International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) Level One
Having recently moved to Canada in 2021, the Calgary Spartans are thrilled to have had Coach Ninoy join the club’s roster as both Coach for Athlete Development, and for the expertise he’ll be sharing with senior athletes looking to improve their technical skills and performance in Jump events. Coach Ninoy brings with him numerous national titles from competing in the Philippines, and several international championships he won while representing the Philippines at competitions like the Southeast Asian Games, Asian Championships, and open meets around the world. His athletic excellence earned him several university sport accolades in the Philippines, before coaching at universities and starting his own fitness and coaching business.
An internationally accredited youth coach through IAAF, Coach Ninoy places a major focus in his practices on so-called “FUNdamentals,” which aim to teach young athletes proper running and jumping techniques in an accessible, fun way.
“I love sharing what I’ve learned over the years with the next generation of athletes,” he says. “It’s an absolute passion.”
- Level One Certification with IAAF
- 12 years of experience coaching athletics at universities in the Philippines
- Three-time Philippine National Champion in Triple Jump
- Two-time Philippine Junior National Champion in Triple Jump
- Philippine University Games record holder in both Long Jump and Triple Jump
- Southeast Asian Games Bronze Medallist in Long Jump
- Five-time Athletic Association of the Philippines Triple Jump Champion (undefeated)
- Four-time Athletic Association of the Philippines Long Jump Champion
- Three-time Athletic Association of the Philippines High Jump Champion
- Athletic Association of the Philippines Season 65 Rookie of the Year
- University of Santo Tomas Athlete of the Year
- University of Santo Tomas Most Valuable Player 2004-2007
Please contact our Athlete Coordinator from the Contact webpage.
Our Athlete Coordinator will be pleased to welcome you to the Calgary Spartans, help you find the right coach and program, advise you on that to bring to the track and answer any questions you may have.
Any changes to the schedule will be communicated by Coach Ninoy to all group members.