All Masters are Welcome At Spartans !
- Dale Schoenthaler – all events
- Athletes age 30 and up;
Calgary Spartans Track Club Welcomes all Masters and Sub-Masters to take part, at all levels of ability to come and be a part of the beautiful family of track and field at Spartans.
Come at Spartans and live the best years of your life.
Calgary Spartans Track Club promotes and coordinates training for Masters and Sub-Masters age athletes at all levels, starting from local to international level competition.
Membership is open to anyone who is interested in Masters and Sub-Masters track and field training and competing.
“Masters” are defined as women and men 35 and over. Therefore, Masters championships competition is limited to those ages, in 5-year age groups, up to the age of the oldest competitor.
“Sub-Masters” are defined as women and men younger than the official Masters ages but are at least 30 years old.
Practice Times and Locations
- Coach Dale:
- Base training starts in mid-September and ends on end of October (based on weather).
- Training timeslots: 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Meet at St. Andrews Hill, on the west side of University Drive, 2504 – 13th Avenue N.W. just south of McMahon Stadium. Parking is available at the south end of the field.
- The Olympic Oval and Jack Simson track arena (University of Calgary, Kinesiology Block B)
- November to April
- Schedule: … to be announced
- Foothills Athletic Parc or Glenmore Athletic Park
- April To end of season (June / July)
- Practice times:
- Coach Dale: training is from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Remember to dress for the weather and bring a water bottle.
See you at the the track …
For all new inquiries, assistance with our programs selection and athlete(s) orientation please contact our Athlete Coordinator at Contacts page.