To ensure that no athlete stays on the sidelines because of a financial issue, the Spartans will assist parents in funding. Fundraising opportunities are provided to support your athlete, including working bingos, casinos, and other fundraising opportunities. We also have an Athletes Assistance Fund and would be pleased to help you apply for KidSport. KidSport Calgary provides financial support up to $250 per child per calendar year towards sport registration fees. Calendar year runs from January 1 – December 31. For further information, please check the website http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/alberta/calgary/ or email the Spartans Administrator for assistance at email@example.com.
The Spartans Track and Field Club funds its program through fees as well as funds generated from casinos and bingos. The success of our club – and our athletes depends on the willingness of parents and adult athletes to volunteer. To support the programs, the Spartans requires each member or their parent to work:
- one casino approximately every 18 months and two bingo shifts per year (mandatory)
- a total of three volunteer shifts per year (approximately 4 hours per shift – no experience required) or
- to volunteer for a position on the Spartans Board (meetings held once per month for approx 2 hours, with additional time spent on projects)
- to volunteer assistance for our media (photographs, videos) at track meets (any training required will be provided prior to the meet) or
- to assist as a chaperone at out of town meets and/or a track camp
A one-time Volunteer Commitment Deposit (VCD) of $300 is charged to each full-year athlete and $75 to each summer athlete. This deposit is returned upon withdrawal from the club if volunteer commitments are fulfilled. Members will be charged a fine against their VCD if commitments are not fulfilled. Click here for volunteer information.
Questions: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Please note: The Calgary Spartans reserve the right to accept or decline membership applications and memberships may not be transferred or assigned. Any athlete account balances from previous seasons must be paid in full prior to new season registration.
Click here to register:
Other Important Links
- University of Calgary User Form Age 18+ (winter season training – Olympic Oval and Jack Simpson gym)
- University of Calgary User Form Age 12-17 (winter season training – Olympic Oval and Jack Simpson)
- University of Calgary Indoor T&F Training Guidelines (winter season training – Olympic Oval and Jack Simpson)
- Spartans Liability Form
- Athletics Alberta Membership Fees
- Credit and Refund Policy
- Athlete Code Of Conduct (all athletes must sign and return to email@example.com)